For many, East Surrey College is their local source of Higher Education. We are committed to providing the local community with first class learning and development opportunities.
Studying a Higher Education course with us means you can develop your career prospects whilst maintaining your existing commitments, and save money on travel. Our Higher Education students have excellent success rates, whether they choose to continue their study at a higher level, progress into employment or to higher positions at work.
We pride ourselves on the close, supportive community that exists at East Surrey College and we work hard to ensure that each of our students feels like an individual, not just a face in the crowd, benefitting from highly personalised learning and the use of different teaching methods such as experimentation, active participation and focussed study to ensure that everyone stays motivated and inspired.
As a highly respected vocational college, we recognise the importance of ensuring that all courses meet the demanding training standards of modern industry. All aspects of delivery are regularly checked and training is tailored to the future careers of students.
Our dedicated staff work tirelessly to develop links with businesses and professional organisations in order to ensure students leave us with a current and relevant range of skills, with many participating and succeeding in industry-driven placements and competitions.
The high quality of Higher Education offered at the College is supported by the recent report from the Higher Education Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), and in successive External Examiner reports. The report compliments the responsiveness to student feedback, the comprehensive support the College offers, and the employability skills that are embedded into courses.
The quality of the teaching staff and their strong industry experience is also regularly highlighted. The report can be viewed online at: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/InstitutionReports/Pages/East-Surrey-College.aspx
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING HE AT COLLEGE?
• Smaller classes than at university, meaning more individual attention and support
• Opportunities to study at Level 4 and above nearer to home and/or work
• Lower tuition fees than universities
• Classes are all timetabled on the same day(s) allowing for work and/or child care to be organised around them
• More flexible entry requirements than university (although students must perform well to gain access to top-up years and Honours Degree programmes)
FACILITIES AT ESC
We continue to invest in creating a world-class vocational learning environment. Our new building enables us to deliver unparalleled learning opportunities in a wide range of vocational areas, allowing our students to practise their skills in a realistic work environment. This continued investment in our resources enables East Surrey College to keep up to date with the cutting edge of professional practice.
The fantastic College building, arranged around a large enclosed atrium, fosters an inclusive and unified community of students with access to all the resources necessary for a positive college experience. Features include:
- Modern leisure facilities, including a sports hall with a range of court options
- Stylish café and handy shop
- Well equipped fitness room
- Landscaped Summer gardens
- Escape Hair, Beauty & Spa Salons
- A two-storey Learning Resource Centre with space for both individual and group study, as well as a small area dedicated for Higher Education students, is available to support taught lessons, whilst subject specific facilities allow you to hone your practical skills in a realistic modern professional environment.
The College also incorporates the outstanding teaching and resources of the Reigate School of Art, Design & Media, giving students access to the latest design, editing and music production software as well as fully equipped photography and printmaking studios.
There is a no smoking policy at the College and smoking is not permitted on any of the College sites, including car parks.
We encourage you to come and see our excellent facilities by attending one of our scheduled Open Events, where you will have an opportunity to speak to our lecturers and see the amazing work that our Higher Education students produce. View the dates for up coming Open Events here - no need to book simply turn up on the day.