WORKING TOGETHER FOR YOUR FUTURE
In collaboration with local schools, East Surrey College offers students in Year 10 and Year 11 the exciting opportunity to study vocational courses in a College environment, while completing their GCSEs at school. The College provides a wide range of taster sessions and accredited qualifications for 14-16 year olds. Programmes can be tailored to meet the needs of students from special schools as well as suiting those from more mainstream settings.
Our three main subject areas are Construction, Motor Vehicle and Hair & Beauty. Places on these courses are offered through the school to individuals who are motivated and committed to succeeding on these alternative School Link programmes.
ESC School Link Programmes:
- Enable students to learn practical skills as well as classroom based theory work
- Excellent option for students who have a clear idea of their future ambitions
- Students gain a recognised qualification to progress onto a further education course, an Apprenticeship or move directly into employment
- Programmes run for 2 years. Students study a half or full day per week
How is College different from school?
- Class sizes are generally smaller than at school. This means students will receive more individual attention and specialist teacher support.
- Classes are taught by teachers with real industry experience.
- Groups may include students from a selection of schools.
- Students are expected to wear clothes which are appropriate for the subject they are studying.
- College is an adult environment which gives students more independence.
ESC is continually developing its 14-16 curriculum offer to meet both school and industry demands, ensuring that students receive sound preparation for Further Education and/or the workplace.
For further information please contact our School Liaison Officer on 01737 788405.