Working in partnership with local Schools
Our School Liaison team is here to support your school and your students. We provide all the information needed for students and their parents or carers to make informed decisions about progression and the next step in their academic journey following their GCSEs.
Working in partnership with schools and careers advisers, we offer a range of different activities:
- School visits and assemblies - our team are always happy to attend year group or class assemblies to deliver presentations in person or virtually.
- Careers and progression events - we can offer guidance and information about post GCSE progression options including T Levels and Apprenticeships.
- Taster days - an exciting opportunity for year 10 students to enjoy a day at College, immerse themselves in the subject area of their choice and experience what the course has to offer.
- College tours - we are happy to arrange bespoke College tours for small groups.
- Drop-in sessions - we can offer drops-in sessions at your school during break and lunchtimes, giving students the opportunity to speak to us directly. This can include help with the application process.
- HE specific presentations - our team can also provide information and guidance to 6th form students about the range of university level courses available at East Surrey College including Reigate School of Art.
Helping your School meet the Gatsby Benchmarks
The services we provide will help support your school to meet the benchmarks 4 and 7 in line with the Government's Careers Strategy for Schools and Colleges.
GET IN TOUCH
To find out how we can support your school and your students, please contact Tom Barnes, Head of School Liaison, by email: email@example.com or call: 01737 772611 ext. 8305.
School Link Programmes bridge the gap between school and vocational education. The College works closely with your school to provide a range of specific vocational programmes which will help year 10 and 11 students prepare for future education or employment.
How students will benefit from a School Link Programme
With small class sizes and industry experienced tutors, programmes run for 2 years. Once enrolled on a programme, students will attend College for a half or full-day each week and:
- learn practical skills as well as classroom-based theory work
- gain a recognised qualification to progress onto a further education course, an apprenticeship or move directly into employment
- develop their independence and become more confident in an adult environment
Places on these courses are offered through the school to individuals who are motivated and committed to succeeding on these alternative School Link Programmes.
Bespoke programmes can also be provided to meet the needs of your students as well as our School Link Programmes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To find out more about School Link Programmes, please contact Tom Barnes, Head of School Liaison, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01737 772611 ext. 8305.
Tutorial Packs for Key Stage 3
We have designed three tutorial packs geared towards Key Stage 3 students. These are available for download below and can be adapted to suit a range of abilities.
Our Full-Time Course Guide showcases the wide range of exciting and high-quality courses on offer. To receive printed copies please email email@example.com
Alternatively, you can download a digital copy here, or view the courses online.
Explore ESC virtually and virtual presentations
If we are unable to visit your school, we can provide you with a virtual School Liaison presentation. Please contact our School Liaison team for more information.
Students can explore ESC virtually by watching videos from our curriculum team to find out more about the subjects and the support available. They can also watch our Welcome Talk, Apprenticeship Talk and explore our campus and facilities with our videos and 360° tours.
Catch up on all the latest news, events and student activities.
Student Case Studies
Find out what it’s like to study at the East Surrey College and what our students get up to in College, about work experience, progression and more!
For any other resource or information
If you require any other resource or information, please contact Tom Barnes, Head of School Liaison, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01737 772611 ext. 8305.
Our Open Events are the perfect opportunity for your students to visit the College, find out about courses and meet our tutors. We encourage all visitors to pre-register in advance to save time on the day!
Are your students ready to apply now?
2. Once they have found a course they like, they should click the 'APPLY' button and complete the application form. Alternatively, they can download a copy of the application form and return completed to the College.
3. Client Services will then get in touch once they receive the application to arrange an interview with each student.
4. Interviews take place in College and are a great way for students to chat to the tutor and find out if the course is right for them.