East Surrey College has been awarded the following Industry Performance Standards:
The Frank Buttle Trust is one of the UK’s largest charities that supply aid & support for vulnerable children, the kite mark proves that an institution is committed to looking after vulnerable learners.
Investors in People
The UK’s leading people management standard, Investors in People provides a simple and flexible framework helping thousands of organisations of all sizes and sectors to improve their business performance.
The matrix standard is the unique quality framework for the effective delivery of information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work. The matrix standard is useful for organisations that deliver information, advice and/or guidance to external clients as part of their business and also for employers who are committed to developing their people.
Positive About Disabled People
A recognition given to employers who have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
These five commitments include:
- to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what you and they can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make your commitments work
- each year, to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them and let employees and the Employment Service know about progress and future plans
The QAA Quality Mark
The QAA Quality Mark is awarded to institutions that have undergone a review and achieved a successful result through an independent quality assurance process.