Learning Agreement Declaration
I am satisfied that:
- The suitability of the programme and the entry requirements for it have been explained to me.
- I have received information, advice and guidance on my choice of learning programme and progression routes. (not applicable for Adult Community Learning and non-qualification courses)
- I formally accept the learning programme specified on this agreement.
- I certify that the information I have provided is complete and correct.
- I agree to abide by the College regulations and with the Student Charter (available at www.esc.ac.uk or www.johnruskin.ac.uk).
- I authorise the College to provide appropriate information to my parent(s) or guardian(s) (if under 19) or employer, sponsor or Student Loan Company (if appropriate) on progress and attendance on courses for which I have enrolled, or in the event of any cause for concern or a medical emergency.
- I confirm that I have read the Terms & Conditions of Enrolment (available at www.esc.ac.uk/enrolment-terms-conditions or www.johnruskin.ac.uk/about-jrc/policies-and-procedures).
- I agree to be contacted by the College after the end of my course to establish destination data (including Apprenticeship progression) for use within the College reporting mechanisms.
Privacy Notice 2020/2021 | How We Use Your Personal Information
This privacy notice is issued by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE). It is to inform learners how their personal information will be used by the DfE, the ESFA (an executive agency of the DfE) and any successor bodies to these organisations.
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal data processed by the ESFA. Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise its functions and to meet its statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a personal learning record (PLR). Your information will be securely destroyed after it is no longer required for these purposes.
Your information may be used for education, training, employment and well-being related purposes, including for research. The DfE and the English European Social Fund (ESF) Managing Authority (or agents acting on their behalf) may contact you in
order for them to carry out research and evaluation to inform the effectiveness of training.
Your information may also be shared with other third parties for the above purposes, but only where the law allows it and the sharing is in compliance with data protection legislation.
Further information about use of and access to your personal data, details of organisations with whom we regularly share data, information about how long we retain your data, and how to change your consent to being contacted, please visit: www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-privacy-notice.
On occasion you may be photographed/filmed in your classroom, around the College or at an event. Your image, name and/or coursework may be used to celebrate student success or to promote courses and the work of the College.
Staying in Touch
Your privacy is important to us. We’d like to keep in touch so please complete your contact preferences below.
"I confirm that I have read the Learning Agreement Declaration incorporating the Imagery and Staying In Touch sections."
Please click Submit to confirm the above statement.
You can withdraw your permission for the use of your personal data at any time by contacting Client Services. (If you would like a more detailed explanation about changes to General Data Protection Regulations and the right to be forgotten visit https://ico.org.uk)