We are enrolling now!
Date: 02 September 2022
We are proud to launch our brand-new, purpose-built Digital T Levels Centre at East Surrey College in Redhill in time for the start of the new academic year 2022/23. The new state-of-the-art facilities will provide excellent high-quality teaching and learning accommodation.
T Levels are a new technical qualification designed with employers to give students a headstart towards the future they want. T Levels follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels, as well as including an industry placement where students will spend 20% of their time, with the other 80% being based in College.
The third-floor refurbishment was needed due to the increasing popularity of all our courses. The refurbishment started in early April 2022, completed in August 2022 and was funded from the College’s own reserves, DfE and ESFA grant funding. The development was designed with sustainability and the environment in mind and meets the requirements of BREEAM standards and the materials removed from the refurbishment will be reused or repurposed.
Our new T Levels Centre includes:
As the rate of technological change accelerates and the shape of the labour market adjusts accordingly, T Levels are increasingly recognised as crucial to building an agile and adaptable workforce. With our T Levels Centre, we will prepare our students with the skills needed to build careers in all sectors from Construction and Surveying to Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering, Games, Digital Design and Cyber-Security.
Jayne Dickinson, Chief Executive Orbital South Colleges commented:
“We place employers at the heart of developing our programmes, tailoring our courses to meet the needs of businesses to ensure people can gain skills to access great jobs as well as upskilling and reskilling to take advantage of opportunities in growth sectors.”
Eva Dixon, Chief Operating Officer Orbital South Colleges added:
“The new facility comprises specialist lab spaces that are specifically equipped for the Digital T Level route. The project has delivered great use of spaces and showcases how collaboration between support, curriculum and students can be achieved through reconfiguration of existing spaces.”
We are encouraging students interested in T Levels to secure their place as soon as possible for this academic year as places are going fast. Apply and enrol by popping into the College. Our staff will be able to provide you with impartial information, advice and guidance and talk you through our exciting T Level courses. Alternatively, you can also visit our website to view our T Level courses.
Address: East Surrey College, Gatton Point, London Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2JX
Main Switchboard: 01737 772611 / Client Services: 01737 788444 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org