It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For a better experience please use a modern browser. We suggest either Chrome or Firefox

Client Feedback Procedure – Higher Education


Informal Stage One: 

  1. Raise the issue informally with your course leader. This is best done in an email so there is a record. If you cannot talk to your course leader for whatever reason, you should raise it with your Director of Learning.

    Alternatively, or additionally:
  2. If the issue affects others too, raise it via your student representative at your Course Board. This is best done for issues that affect some or all of your group. This means the concern is minuted, and the Department must provide a more formal response. If the Course Board is not at a convenient time, the issue should be raised as per (1).

The vast majority of issues are resolved at Stage One.

Informal Stage Two: 

If the issue is not resolved within your Department, you should raise it with the HE Quality & Development Lead who will informally discuss your concern with a senior manager – or potentially at the College HE Board, if it is a serious and/or group issue.

Formal Stage One (Internal): 

The College has ‘A Guide to the Colleges Client Feedback Policy’, available from Client Services or the College Intranet that can be completed if the stages above have not produced a resolution. This means your formal concern will be logged as official and will come to the attention of a member of the College Executive Team. However, they will expect that the informal stages have been exhausted first. You will receive an official response in a timely manner.

Formal Stage Two (External): 

If you are an HE student studying for a degree (rather than a Higher National qualification), you can ask for your concern to be escalated to the partner university. This will then follow their own complaint procedures as detailed in their own guidance. They will expect that the previous stages have been exhausted first.

Formal Stage Three (External): 

In the unlikely event that your concern has still not been resolved, for certain types of issue, you are able to take it to an independent body – The Office of the Independent Adjudicator. Their website gives full details of how to raise an issue with them and what issues they are able to deal with. They will expect that the previous stages have been exhausted first.

Click to view the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment>>

Address: East Surrey College, Gatton Point, London Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2JX

Main Switchboard: 01737 772611 / Client Services: 01737 788444 / Email:

Disability Confident
mayors construction academy
Mayor of London