All of the Higher Education courses at East Surrey College have been especially designed to prepare you for employment within the career path that you have chosen.
All of our Higher Education courses are developed especially to be vocationally relevant and are created in such a way as to embed employability skills within them.
- HNC/D Construction students are generally in employment and bring their wide range of experience into the classroom. The courses offer the opportunity to extend higher level skills in order to secure progression within a variety of careers in construction.
- HNC/D Engineering students are generally already in working in an Engineering position. This programme offers an opportunity to increase skills and knowledge of the sector, which in turn can lead to promotion. Completion at HND level leads to progression to University and eventual achievement of IEng status.
- HND Graphic and Digital Design students benefit from a wide range of live projects that simulate the practical dimensions of the working environment. There are opportunities to enter national and international competitions, as well as guidance on working for oneself. As with the other Art and Media HNDs, the early familiarity with industry-standard equipment enhances employability.
- HND Photography prepares students for a variety of careers in the photographic industries. Lecturers who are also practitioners bring their skills and experience into the classroom and as with HND Graphic Design, students are encouraged to develop enterprise as well as subject-specific skills.
- HNC Sport (Coaching & Sports Development) offers a specialist vocational programme which has links to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards. With a combination of theoretical studies and practical applications across key disciplines students gain vital knowledge and skills needed in the health and fitness, sports coaching or sport and exercise sciences.
- HND Theatrical, Media and Special Effects Make-Up enables students to work with tutors highly experienced in the creative and media industries to learn the technical skills required to work as a specialist make-up artist. Students build a professional portfolio and benefit from bringing together theory and practice in the development of real-world skills.
For all Higher Education courses, you will be taught by industry-experienced professionals who provide an ongoing dialogue about careers and progression. All courses include elements to prepare you for employment and our Client Services department can offer additional careers advice to Higher Education students.